It’s been a great year at the Buzz Factoree! We’ve covered a lot of marketing and PR topics, but our most popular content touches on the general themes of how to get more web traffic, more leads and more social media engagement.
Use the following “top 10” blog posts as a guide or end-of-the-year check-up for your marketing:
1) 18 ways to get YouTube views (Kmart’s Joe Boxer viral video secret) Not only was this our most popular post this year, it was based on a winner for Kmart as well. The TV spot/video featuring men thrusting their hips to play “Jingle Bells” raised a few eyebrows but went viral. See the whole list of techniques to use to boost your own video views.
2) What does content mean? We’ve all heard that “content is king,” but just what does it mean? This post explains all the forms of content and how it can be used to market your business.
3) Why is my Facebook News Feed reach going down? The one thing constant about Facebook is change, and in early December Facebook announced that it was making changed in its algorithm that means fewer people will see your posts in your News Feed. This post explains why and what you can do about it.
4) How great corporate storytellers use creative communications This posts suggests a variety of methods that brands can use to incorporate creativity into their storytelling.
5) How to hire someone to help you with social media on the Virginia Peninsula Are you looking for help on the local level with your social media program? Here are some practical suggestions to get your business moving.
6) Three sure-fire ways to get more web traffic Everybody with a website or a blog struggles to get web traffic. It doesn’t happen by chance – it takes a plan. This post describes three of the best ways to increase your web traffic.
7) The secrets to using stories to market your business Don’t use advertising to market your business, tell stories! This post explains the basic components of a story and how to use stories in blogs, video, images and social media for marketing.
8) How to develop a long-tail keyword strategy for your search campaign You want your business to #1 in Google – but what does that even mean? You have to identify keywords that matter to your business, as well as keywords that are attainable. That means starting with long-tail keywords, or phrases made up of two or more words rather than singular words.
9) How to get leads using hashtags There are so many ways to use hashtags. This post is a primer that provides a number of suggestions.
10) Four ways inbound marketing yields business opportunity leads Make sure your website, blog and social media work together to get leads for your business. This post gives some specific ways to ramp up your online marketing results.